This stir fry makes a change from chicken or beef. Prawns are a good source of protein and are very rich in calcium which in turn is good for teeth and bones.
Prawns also contain a lot less calories to other meats which is super news for anyone on a calorie controlled diet.
For all you fishy people out there, this dish is quick and simple to prepare and its so tasty.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 red pepper
- Handful of mushrooms (Chopped)
- Pineapple chunks
- 1 onion (Chopped)
- 1/2 courgette (Chopped or grated)
- Basmati rice
Stir fry sauce
2 tblsp oyster sauce
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp chilli powder
- Stir fry veg in a frying pan with some oil (peppers,onions,mushrooms) and set aside
- Cook prawns as per per packet instructions
- Cook rice as per packet instructions
- Add all sauce ingredients to a bowl & stir
- Add veg back into the pan with the prawns
- Add the pineapple chunks and pour in the sauce
- Stir well & simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve with basmati rice