*Free from Gluten
*Free from dairy
These delicious dark chocolate, strawberry flavoured bites will definitely satisfy a sweet tooth. Let’s face it, there a sweet but there a healthy sweet… With added protein! Ideal to have as a snack in the evening with a cup of tea, something to tide you over before dinner or as a post workout snack. A really yummy way to get your protein in… You’ll almost forget they contain whey protein. They are scrumptiously smooth and silky and would be lovely as a gift for a friend or maybe to bring for an afternoon tea party.
I’ve kept them as healthy as possible using fresh strawberries, coconut flour and strawberry flavoured whey protein… Using coconut oil and almond milk as the binding agents. They are no bake which is hassle free, making them easy to prepare and they are gluten free.
Here is the recipe…. Don’t forget to let me know if you make them & use the #aimeesappetite if you follow me on Instagram ❤️
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 big strawberries
- 1/4 cup strawberry flavoured whey protein
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 40g dark chocolate
Here’s what to do:
- Add all ingredients to a blender or nutri bullet & blend until smooth.
- Scoop heaped teaspoons of the mixture into the palm of your hands and form balls (this part is quite messy!!)
- Lay the balls onto a sheet of parchment paper and put in the freezer for 20 minutes
- When there is a few minutes left to go, melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a bowl of hot water
- Remove balls from the freezer and using a teaspoon dip/dunk each balls into the chocolate until all are coated
- Return to the freezer for 15 minutes until set.
Store in a closed container in the fridge for up to 1 week (Trust me… They won’t last that long!!!)
or store in the freezer…