I made this soup today for a friend who was calling over for lunch and a catch up. It takes no time at all to prepare and it is so delicious. Most… if not all of the ingredients we would already have in our cupboards.
Apart from being very tasty another plus of this soup is that is guilt free as it doesn’t contain cream or flour to thicken it up…the tomatoes take care of that.
I served it with my homemade egg wraps filled with chicken salad. A perfect partner with a warm bowl of soup. A filling ZERO CARB meal too!!
Egg wrap recipe can be found here:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 red pepper (chopped)
- Tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 600-800 ml chicken stock (600ml if you like it thicker)
- Pinch-1/2 tsp crushed chilli (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1tsp oregano
Here’s what to do:
- Saute the onion and garlic in a large saucepan with some coconut oil
- Add tomatoe purée
- Add the stock, chopped tomatoes, chopped carrots & red pepper
- Next add in oregano & crushed chilli
- Cover, bring to the boil, lower the heat & simmer until vegetables are soft
- Add to blender or nutibulllet & blitz until smooth
- Garnish with some basil