I made a batch of these yummy, filling energy balls during the week. The dreaded virus thats doing the rounds at the moment has hit our house and our girls have been quite poorly. Needless to say there hasn’t been much time for healthy home cooked meals in between temperature monitoring and much needed mammy snuggles.
This is where these grab and go snacks come in. They are an ideal pick me up and a healthy alternative to shop bought sugary snacks. Also a healthy pre or post workout snack.
Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- 140g oats (I used @flahavans oats)
- 185g peanut butter (I used @meridianfoods smooth peanut butter)
- 4 tbsp honey or sweet freedom fruit syrup
- 50g raisins or 70%chopped dark chocolate
- 30g milled flaxseed (I used @sowans_ireland golden flaxseed & prune)
- Some desiccated coconut (to decorate)
- Some unsweetened cocoa (to decorate)
Here’s how to make them:
- Simply mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Roll into small balls
- Roll in some coconut or cocoa powder (if desired)
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for 2-3 weeks or up to 6 weeks in the freezer