These crispy courgette & carrot fritters are a tasty breakfast, lunch or snack option. They consist of a batter made with eggs, flour and milk packed with grated vegetables. A tasty, flavoursome way to get your veg in!!
I’ve used wholemeal flour but you can use any flour to bind the fritters together…plain, almond or gluten free… take your pick!
Delicious with a leafy salad or with some turkey rashers and a poached egg!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 70g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g almond milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 courgette grated
- 1tsp thyme
- Sprinkle of cheese (Optional)
- 1 tsp curry powder (Optional)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Oil for cooking
Here’s how to make them:
- Sieve flour, baking powder and curry powder into a large bowl
- Add eggs and fold in
- Gradually add the milk
- Add grated courgette, carrot, thyme and cheese & stir well
- Season with salt & pepper
- Fry on the pan with a little oil until golden brown on each side
*This recipe makes approx 7 medium sized fritters