Who doesn’t love a yummy bowl of crunchy granola!! I love mine with a dash of almond milk or sprinkled over some yoghurt or porridge. A lot of granola are loaded with sugar to sweeten them up. This recipe contains honey, which is a natural sweetener and binds all the ingredient together. Stevia can also be used if desired and contains only 2 kcal per teaspoon!!
Granola is a good source of healthy fats that are found in the nuts. Oats are high in fibre and a low GI food which means a steady release of energy.
Here’s my take on a healthy granola, let me know if you try it out!!
- 150g porridge oats (I used flahavan’s 100% whole grain, organic oats)
- 40g walnuts
- 40g almonds (I used flaked but you can also used whole almonds)
- 40g sesame seeds
- 40g dates
- 1tbsp dessicated coconut
- 1 tbsp milled flaxseed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 2tsp granulated stevia (optional)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160 deg c
- Add all nuts & dessicated coconut to a roasting tin
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, flaxseed, stevia & stir
- Drizzle with honey & coconut oil
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes until golden brown, stirring half way through
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with dates
- Allow to cool
- Store in a preserving jar or air tight container
Contains ~6 breakfast bowl servings
2 Comments Add yours
Great recipe, how long would this last in an airtight container?
Glad you like it!
I would store the granola in an airtight container with the rest of our cereals for 1 month; because of the oil in it I wouldn’t keep it for any longer than that.
It’s also suitable for freezing 👍🏻