This healthy frittata is a lovely filling dish especially if you have left over potatoes from yesterdays dinner. Serve simply on its own or with a slice of wholemeal bread topped with real butter or avocado.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- 200g baby potatoes
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- A handful of spinach
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 6 eggs
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Here’s what to do:
- Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan, cook until just tender,drain and cut into chunks.
- Saute the onions and add then add the potatoes and fry in some olive oil until lightly browned.
Fried potatoes always bring me back to my summer holidays when I was younger; my cousin and I would stay with my Nana and Grandad. My nana would always make this for us and it really was the tastiest meal. So simple but so yummy!
- Add spinach and cook until it starts to wilt.
- Add the smoked paprika.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and cook until set. The underside of the frittata should be golden.
- When set, remove from the hob and place the pan under the grill until set and golden brown.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut into generous triangles and serve with a slice of wholemeal bread.