My brother & his girlfriend are burrito MAD… So I just had to make some… and send them a photo… after we had eaten them lol!!
The perfect meal or snack to have at the weekend. You’ll almost think you’re having a cheat meal but in fact it’s all good and you won’t undo any of your hard work from during the week!! And if you haven’t been good… There’s always tomorrow…!
This one was a big hit in our house. You can make it as spicy or unspicy as you like. Just half the quantity of spices in the recipe if you don’t like it so hot.
Serve with healthy taco sauce and/or guacamole
For the filling:
1 lb mince meat
- olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp crushed chilli
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes or passata
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper sauce (franks hot sauce)
- 2 wholemeal wraps
For the taco sauce:
- 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 3-5 tsp cayenne pepper sauce (Franks hot sauce)
- To make: mix together
For the guacamole:
- 1 avocado
- Juice of half lime
- Some red onion finely chopped
- 1 tomatoe chopped
- To make: Mash the avocado and mix with the onion, tomatoe and lime.
Here’s what to do:
- Saute the onion in a pan with some olive oil & the crushed garlic. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook minced beef thoroughly.
- Add all spices, chopped tomatoes & cayenne pepper sauce.
- Stir all together & simmer on a low heat (uncovered) for 5 minutes
- Spoon the mixture into the wholemeal wraps & wrap up tight.
- Sprinkle a small amount of cheese on top & grill until melted.
2 Comments Add yours
Sooo up for that burrito now! looks delish xxx
So good Dana 😋 Next time you’re home I’ll make you one ❤️