This chicken curry recipe is ready in no time and super easy to prepare. Its full of flavour without being too spicy. I’ve added mixed beans which are packed with fibre, protein and low in fat. I’m a little bit obsessed with these at the moment so any possible meal that I can add them to I will!! Leaving out the chicken in this one is also a really delicious meal for all you vegetarians out there… a slight variation of chickpea curry which is one of my fav’s!
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 courgette chopped
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tin of mixed beans (chickpea, brown beans & haricot beans) from Aldi
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes or passata
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- Pineapple chunks
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Here’s what to do:
- Stir fry the chicken in a pan with some olive oil and set aside
- Saute the onion, courgette and garlic
- In a large saucepan, add the tin of chopped tomatoes, tin of coconut milk, curry spice, curry powder, cumin, cinnamon, mango chutney, pineapple, chicken stock and tin of mixed beans.
- Add the chicken, onion, courgette and garlic.
- Simmer for 15 minutes to let all the flavours infuse
- Meanwhile, boil some basmati rice as per packet instructions.
Hope you enjoy this one as much as I do,